At nBibo, your trust means everything to us. So we wanted to make it clear, in simple terms, how your information is used, stored, and accessed while using our app. If at any time something isn’t clear, or we didn’t fully explain something to your satisfaction, contact us at email@example.com.
Why Privacy Matters
Understanding how and why we use your information helps you trust that your data is safe. Your trust is too important to our business. Without you, we don’t exist. So we have to make sure you fully understand how we keep your data safe.
Overview of nBibo
We (meaning nBibo, LLC, also referred to as “us” and “our”) built nBibo as a commercial application that allows users to communicate directly with experts for the purposes of assisting users with Do-It-Yourself projects, and/or answers to questions when a user gets stuck on a problem. As such, that is the intended purpose of the app. Any other use of the app is not necessarily our intention.
Collection and Use of Your Data
In order to use the nBibo app, you are required to give us certain PII, including your name, email address, mobile phone number, and zip code. Additionally, if you are requesting expert help, you will also need to provide us with your credit card and billing data. The data is collected through forms in the app, where you enter and send us the data requested. We will use commercially reasonable standards to protect your information.
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose PII from children under the age of 13, or whatever the equivalent minimum age is in the relevant jurisdiction. The app is not meant to be used by minors under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent, which can be given to us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected our child’s PII, and you want that information removed from our system, you need only notify us at email@example.com, and the information will be removed upon verification.
Your data may be captured in any of the following ways:
1. Upon creating an account
2. Upon updating your profile, including your photograph (should you choose to add one)
3. Upon adding or updating your credit card information
4. Upon submitting feedback
So as to promote the community nature of the site, your first name, the first letter of your last name, your photo, and your city/state may be visible to other users and/or experts.
In order to keep the app running smoothly for everyone, we may collect data and information on your device called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app, the time and date of your use of the app, and other necessary statistics. This information will be used solely for the purposes of improving the app. Keep in mind, we may work with third-parties to collect your device’s Log Data, but any such relationship with a third-party provider will require them to sign a confidentiality agreement not to disclose your information to anyone but us.
We want to be clear… YOUR PII DATA IS NOT SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES. The only exception to this rule is that we may send your billing information to our credit card processor to… well, process your credit card. Therefore, you may at some point receive a receipt from the credit card processing service. Additionally, if you are an expert, we may send your account information to our payment center so that we can pay you for the services you provided to a user. At no point do we share your PII data with third-parties for advertising or other propaganda.
Keep in mind, we may be required to share some or all of your data to law enforcement or other government entities. Furthermore, when necessary, our legal bases for sharing your PII data would be one of the following:
1. When it’s necessary to perform our contractual obligations in agreements made with you to provide our service;
2. When you have consented to the processing as set out in this Policy, which consent you can revoke at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. When it’s necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order or to exercise or defend a legal claim;
4. When it’s necessary for the purposes of our or a third-party’s legitimate business interests (so long as those interests do not override your personal rights as indicated by law or our promises to protect your data);
5. When you have expressly made your personal information public; and
6. When it is necessary to protect your vital interests or other of others.
Our goal is to respect your privacy and confidentiality rights above all else. Therefore, we will limit our business uses for your PII to the following:
1. We may contact you about enhancements to our products or services that may be of interest and benefit to you;
2. We may user your PII may be used to protect the community from malware, cyber-attack and other crime and security risks;
3. Any financial information provided will be used to verify your credit card information and process payments for your purchases;
4. When necessary, your PII may be shared if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or legal process served on us, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
6. Upon acquisition by or merger with another company, we may transfer your PII to the other company in connection with the acquisition or merger.
7. From time to time we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in this Policy. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO OUR USE OF YOUR DATA. You may object to our use of your PII at any time by notifying us at email@example.com.
Choice and Control
We may, from time to time, require assistance from third-party companies and individuals, for any of the following reasons:
1. To facilitate the service;
2. To provide the service on our behalf;
3. To bill you, as may be required, for the use of the service;
4. To pay you, as may be required, for providing a service to a user;
5. To send you product updates, offers, and related content;
6. To perform service-related services; or
7. To assist us in analyzing how our service is used.
The security of your PII is very important to us. It is impossible for any service to claim that their method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable. While we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your data, we want to let you know that we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your data.
NOTICE OF ARBITRATION: BY USING THE APP, YOU AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND NBIBO, LLC WILL BE RESOLVED THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION, AND NOT IN COURT. SEE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING ARBITRATION.
Finally, if you have any questions or suggestions about this Policy, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.